i hope you all are having a great week and enjoying the amazing weather lately (i know most of you who read this blog are from nebraska).
i had a graduation party with my family this last weekend and my sweet Dad brought so much food (because if you're asian you like can't NOT bring too much food). so i had an over abundance of fruits and what do you do when you have an over abundance of fruits?? make a galette.
it looks so beautiful, but it's really simple to make!! it's as easy as making a pie crust. you can make a galette with any fruit you have laying around. here are the steps--
step 1: pick out some fruits ~ 1 lb.
step 2: make a pie crust (see below)
step 3: roll crust out and arrange fruits
step 4: sprinkle 1 T sugar on fruits
step 5: fold over crust, egg wash and sprinkle 1 T sugar on crust
step 6: BAKE!
but if you need a solid recipe for the one below here it is:
1 cup flour
1 T sugar
6 T cold butter, diced
3 T ice cold water (add a few ice cubes to a bowl of water and measure water from that)
1) mix all ingredients together except water until butter is pea sized. add ice cold water and mix until just combined. wrap in plastic flatten to a disk and chill for 30 mins.
2 plums, sliced ~6 oz
1 large mango, diced ~8 oz
2 T sugar, divided
1) roll out pie crust to 1/8" thick and in a circular shape (about 10" in diameter).
2) arrange plums overlapping about 3" from the inside of the circle in a round and and place diced mango on the inside. sprinkle with blueberries. sprinkle fruit with 1 T sugar.
3) Fold border in towards the fruit creating a wall to stop filling from escaping.
4) scramble an egg in a bowl and brush it onto the crust. sprinkle 1 T sugar onto the crust.
5) bake at 425 F for 20 mins. lower the oven temp to 375 F for another 40-45 mins until very well browned. it might look borderline burnt, but the bottom of the crust needs to get crispy.
6) cool, then sprinkle with powdered sugar. add ice cream if you want (hehe).