oven roasted root vegetable sheet pan dinner


i have been kinda into quicker dinners as of late.  that's normally not my thing because i really enjoy the process of chopping, prepping and cooking.  however, when you have a 10 month old baby 95% of my free time i want to spend with him and the other 5% is things like cooking.  maybe that number is a little off because i also want to spend 95% of my time with dirt bike man too, but there are not enough %s in the day to do everything.  i seriously think and hope that all moms feel behind like i do sometimes!  last week, i had a massive pile of laundry to fold that was like exploding out of all my baskets and the dryer (ever have those days?  like, how much dirty laundry can 2 adults and a small child produce??)

so anyways, i have been enjoying quick dinners lately so we all have more time as a family to spend time together, while still eating well.  this is why i like sheet pan dinners so much.  i know they are super cheesy and trendy right now, but hey, they work.

just make sure to cut all the veggies around the same size so they cook at the same rate.

that's really all there is to it!  

prep and chop all veggies.  place 2 sheet trays in oven at 400 F to preheat.

drizzle with a few glugs of olive oil and several pinches of salt and cracks of black pepper.

cut sausage add to the mix and toss it all together.

roast until done (~30 mins)

the other great thing about this meal is that you can have it all prepped on a sheet tray until it's almost dinner time, then pop it into the oven when you're ready for it.

oven roasted root vegetable sheet pan dinner

serves 4 adults or 2 adults and a baby twice

1 large red onion, sliced

4 russet potatoes, diced to 1" x 1"

1 lb. brussels sprouts, cut in half

1 cup mushrooms, quartered

5 carrots, roll cut

4 parsnips, roll cut 

1 lb. natural turkey kielbasa sausage

olive oil

salt and freshly cracked pepper

1) place two sheet trays in a preheated 400 F oven.  toss all chopped veggies into a large mixing bowl.  drizzle with a few glugs of olive oil until lightly coated. add salt and pepper to taste.

2) add a thin layer of olive oil to heated sheet pans.  place half of the mixture on each pan, turning the brussels sprouts cut side down so they will get nice and brown.

3) roast for about 30 mins or until veggies are at your desired brown-ness.


Print Friendly and PDF