my retro betty crocker cookbook met my childhood love frutti pebbles and made a baby: popcorn balls.
how small town nebraska of me.
frutti pebble popcorn balls
1/4 c grapeseed oil
6 T orville redenbacher popcorn kernels (they really pop the best)
1/2 c sugar
1 c frutti pebbles
4 T butter
6 oz mini marshmallows
1 t vanilla extract
1) add oil to a medium saucepan over medium-heat heat. add popcorn and shake to coat kernels with oil. when you begin to hear sizzling, add sugar & shake pan again.
2) when the 1st kernel pops, place lid on pot and gently rock pot back & forth while holding lid in place. stop once popping slows.
3) pour hot popcorn onto parchment lined baking sheet & cool slightly. pick out any unpopped kernels.
4) place cooled popcorn + frutti pebbles into large bowl. melt butter in a smaller saucepan on low heat. add marshmallows & stir until melted. remove from heat, add extract. pour immediately onto popcorn & stir with rubber spatula until well mixed.
5) cool for 2 mins. butter hands well & in between each popcorn ball. take a handful of marshmallow-y popcorn & slightly pack into a ball. set aside on sheet tray to continue cooling (reuse tray from beginning).
that's it! (also, thanks to pioneer woman for the base of this recipe)