I really adore homemade food gifts around Christmas. So this week and next week, I will be posting cute and fun Vuu-approved Christmas goodies so you can spread the Christmas cheer to neighbors and friends!!
This weeks installment is Sugar Cookie Puppy Chow with Funfetti Glitter! I adapted this recipe thanks to the Chex's website. Doesn't matter what anyone says, but Chex Mix or Puppy Chow is like the holy grail of Christmas snacks. If you don't have powdered sugar dusting your ugly Christmas sweater, something is definitely wrong.
Sugar Cookie Puppy Chow with Funfetti Glitter
Makes 6 cups
(adapted from Chex.com)
6 cups Rice Chex
1/4 c melted butter
1/4 c sugar
2 T corn syrup
4 t. vanilla extract
1/4 c powdered sugar
1-2 oz white chocolate chips
2 t. edible glitter for decorating
1) Place cereal into a microwavable bowl. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2) In a microwavable cup or bowl, melt the butter in 30 sec intervals until melted. Add in the sugar and corn syrup. Microwave in 30 sec intervals until smooth.
3) Stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal and using a rubber spatula, mix until evenly coated.
4) Microwave cereal uncovered for 2 mins on high. Stirring after 1 min.
5) Place powdered sugar in plastic zip bag. Add in cereal. Allow air into the bag and give it all a nice SHAKE!
6) Spread out unto parchment lined sheet.
7) Melt white chocolate chips in 30 sec intervals, stirring in between each time until smooth. Place in an OXO silicone decorating bottle, a small piping bag or using a small spoon, drizzle white chocolate over cereal.
8) Sprinkle on glitter! Let chocolate harden before serving or storing!