dirt bike man and i came up with this idea really late one night (after we had devoured a 2 layer krispy kreme donut cake frosted with chocolate frosting for my birthday). i mean why not pour brownie batter over donuts? uh duh. it's only the coolest idea ever.
funny thing is, i was talking about this for a few weeks deciding what to call them...bronuts vs. doughnies (i kept calling them bro-nies on accident, ha.) i think broNUTS. what do you think? i don't care too much what you want to call these, all i know is these will make you gain 5 pounds by just glancing at them. you'll be ready for thanksgiving now won't ya. let glutton week between! weeeeeeeeeeeee.
makes approx 18
1/2 dozen krispy kreme original glazed donuts (another 1/2 dozen for yourself)
3 3/4 oz hershey's special dark cocoa powder
11 1/2 oz cake flour, sifted
1/4 oz salt
1/8 oz baking soda, sifted
11 1/2 oz high-ratio shortening
7 1/2 oz sugar
7 1/2 oz brown sugar
4 1/2 corn syrup
9 oz (~5) whole eggs
1 1/2 oz water
1) sifted all dry ingredients together (cocoa, flour, salt and baking soda)
2) place all of the ingredients in the bowl, including the dry ingredients
3) blend well on low to combine, then mix for 2 mins on medium speed
4) in the meantime, place 6 donuts evenly in a 13" x 9" bake pan, then pour brownie batter evenly over the donuts.
5) bake at 375 F for 25-30 mins. i used a dark pan, so i lowered my oven temp to 350 F.
6) remove from oven and let cool.
7) optional: make a simple syrup (1:1 sugar to water) and bring to a boil. use a pastry brush to spread an even amount of syrup on the surface.
8) cut brownies with a sharp knife to size.