i had this amazing peanut butter cookie in athens, ga at a place called insomnia cookies. insomnia cookies is such a GREAT name because they are SO GOOD you literally can't sleep thinking about them. the best part is, they keep their cookies in a warmer so they are hot and gooey when you buy them (you def need a fork to assist). the place is open until 3 am too...and they deliver.
well fatty-mc.fatterson (me) needed to recreate this cookie so i could eat it again...and the great thing about making them at home is that you can eat them waaaay past 3 am in the morning. try 4 am, 5 am, 6 am and then again at breakfast.
another plus: you may find your sig other doing a small dance in their underwear at 11 pm while eating said peanut butter cookie.
con: you can find me giggling at myself due to a sugar high at 11 pm at my aztec clay mask facial because it's green and makes me look like a toad.
so-good-you-can't-sleep-thinking-about peanut butter cookies
makes 18 cookies
2 sticks salted butter, room temp
1/3 c creamy peanut butter
1 c sugar
2/3 c brown sugar
2 t vanilla
3 c flour
3/4 t baking soda
1 c Trader Joe's Milk Chocolate peanut butter cups, halved + more for topping
1) preheat oven to 375 F. beat butter + peanut butter in mixing bowl for 1 min until softened, add sugars and cream together for 4 mins
2) add eggs one at a time and beat well after each one; add vanilla
3) add flour and baking soda; mix just until combined
4) fold in 1 c peanut butter cup halves
5) scoop cookie dough with a 1/4 c measuring cup on to a silpat lined cookie sheet, make 3 rows of 2 to fit 6 cookies.
6) place 2-3 peanut butter cup halves on top of each mound of cookie.
7) bake for 14 mins or until edges are browned and centers and puffy. remove cookies from oven and let rest 1 min on the cookie sheet before removing to cooling rack.
8) devour while hot.