friends usually ask me how we have time to cook every night. my answer to that is: prepping ahead. yes, it takes some planning, but it is not difficult.
this meal can be done 95% of the way until it's time to eat. all the veggies and tofu can be cut and the peanut sauce made. then right before serving, cook the noodles and toss it in the sauce.
you can use any and all raw veggies that you like. here i used zuchinni, red bells and cucumbers. but you could also add frozen edamame, broccoli, carrots, cabbage etc etc. heck, use whatever is in your fridge.
cold spicy peanut noodles
(sauce from Serious Eats)
- 1/2 cup smuckers natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sriracha or sambal
- 2 tablespoons juice from 2 limes (or rice wine vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 clove garlic, grated on a microplane grater
- 1 tablespoon sugar or honey
- 3 tablespoons warm water
1) Mix all ingredients together. Taste and adjust seasonings if you like.
- 1 julienned red bell pep
- 1 zuchinni cut into ribbons with peeler
- 1 julienned cucumber
- 1 package House Foods firm tofu cut into cubes
- fresh thai basil
- fresh cilantro
- crushed peanuts
- 2 oz dry wheat noodles (I like Assi brand, but you can use any wheat noodle-even spaghetti)
1) cook noodles according to package and toss with the peanut sauce.
2) divide noodles into bowls and top with all ingredients! dinner is served y'all.